For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Friday, January 23, 2015

~ Look Up ~

Today, I checked my mail and I received my Master’s degree. I stood back and looked at it and could not help but just look up and smile. God carried me when I simply could not. There were many times I wanted to give up and just throw in the towel with so much when I started this degree (marriage, work, and life). I knew God needed me to stay obedient because he had purpose. I fought, pressing through those emotions and he renewed my mind each second, each minute and gave me strength for the day.

God knew all along that I would sit alone in his presence today thanking him for a completed degree. He took this wretched little stubborn brat and saved her. I could go on and on about how he saved me but this post would be too long. I want to encourage you to look up to the Lord in faith when what is in front of you looks so dark. God has a plan and he has a purpose and if you would just press through those emotions there is victory.

Where God is taking me exactly I cannot say but I do know that I know that I know it is somewhere big and I am ready, willing and able. Do you know God wants to take you somewhere big as well? God wants you to trust that when you do look up to him he will meet you with favor and blessings. Jesus loves you and he needs you to see that every second of your life. God wants to carry you through tough terrain because he can see the light at the end of the entire chaos question is will you?
Ladies, look up to your Father who has his arms wide open just waiting for you to believe. Look up sis, you will find purpose.



In Christ,
Monique Smith

Prayer Starter:
Jesus, thank you for carrying us. We can stand against evil and say yes to you because you have given us power to do so. You give us strength and protect us day in and out and we are thankful. We are your children and we look up to you Father. Thank you for saving us. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for meeting us exactly where we are at. Amen