For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Thursday, July 24, 2014

~ Stretch Your Faith ~

All hell is breaking loose. You have no money, no job, your spouse cheated and you are just at it, people are talking bad about you, you lost your job, your car broke down, bill are stacked – in fact collectors are calling and your lights are about to shut off as we speak and to top it off you just found out a family member is sick. You just have no hope. What happens now? What do you do? Do you keep speaking about all that is wrong? Do you just give up?

May I suggest some things? How about you sit in the dark with no lights and find a candle, light it so you can read your dusty Bible? How about you ignore all the people speaking bad about you? Go on and work out payment plans for your bills and trust money will come? Have you applied with every temp agency known to man or worked on your resume? What about praying a “healing prayer” over your family member?

Ladies, God is a purposeful Father. (Jeremiah 29:11) The struggle you are in right this very minute is because HE wants it that way. How can He allow all this Monique? Does He not love me? Of course He does, don’t be ridiculous now (Jeremiah 31:3). He is trying to show you some things. He wants you to stretch your faith (Isaiah 54:2). He wants you to stop trusting in every earthly thing or person and truly rely on Him (Proverbs 3:5). You can let go of your grips and allow Him to work you know? God gave you power and authority remember? Your "grips" on your adversity is when you continue to worrying, keep talking about the issues, and when you get frustrated in it all. You won’t let God work because you keep picking scabs or speaking negatively. My sisters, you have given God nothing to work with. 

I get it. You need much right now. Sis, you cannot keep underestimating our Savior. Life will be hard. You will struggle. No one ever said that you would not but in that struggle where is your faith? Have you stop in all the madness and talked about all that the Lord WILL do? Have you fasted, volunteered somewhere, prayed, read, studied, walked, sang, or praised? 

What makes you think that all the adversity you face is not for a purpose? Do you not serve a powerful purposeful Father? He does NOTHING in vain. It is all so that you can know how big He is. He wants you to watch Him work. Will you trust Him with it all today? Will you stop dwelling on your troubles and give Him praise for ALL that He is already doing/done? Just because you can't see it doesn't mean He has not done it. You can't see it because you don't believe fully.

I say all this in love. I have been through it, trust me. I have struggled just as you have. Until I made the decision to give it ALL, I mean all to the Lord, nothing in my life changed. In fact, it all got worse. There were many times I had no job, no money, bills were due, no car to get me anywhere, ALL my family turned their back on me and I had a crying baby at my hip at 19. I believe God let me struggle because I refused to let Him be “my everything” in life.

I encourage you to look up every verse you can on God’s character today and stop right now speaking to your mountains and let the God of Grace handle it all. Easier said than done you say. Well, thinking about all your problems gets you nowhere why not try something different?  Why not enjoy today and just rest. Let God take care of it all. Why do you need to do something right now? It all starts in your mind. Renew those thoughts in Him ladies.

In Christ,
Monique Smith

Prayer Starter

Heavenly Father, all hell is breaking loose. So much is happening that I cannot focus. What I will do right now is start mediating on what your word says. You told me that you will NEVER forsake nor leave me so I will stand on that promise today. I do not know how you will work it all out for my good BUT you say you will so I will trust in that. I surrender. I give it ALL to you. Everything. I don’t want it no more. You take it Father. You will hear my cries. You will give me the desires of my heart when I start to believe you will. Forgive me for my complaining and remaining in the same place. Teach me how to stretch my faith. Here is my Bible. I am everything you say I am. I can do everything you say I can do. I will rest in you right now in the name of Jesus’. Amen