For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Friday, February 5, 2016

~ Perfect Love Cast Out ALL Fear ~

Fear chokes us! It can grab a hold of our lives, thoughts, purpose and lie to us. It tells us we are not enough. We are not equipped. It says we have no purpose and that our circumstance is just too big for God. Fear tells us to give up and call it quits. It says to doubt everything even how much God loves us. Fear is a lie from the pit of hell and comes straight from the devil himself. God’s character will never say to fear. In fact, in his word it says that he does not give us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7) but of sound mind and courage. If the devil can get me to fear in everything I do or think, I will behave and speak with a panic stance. When trial comes I will shrink back or when something I know God tells me to do, I won’t do it because I let the feeling of fear suffocate me.

God has called me to encourage, teach, coach and counsel. I have a specific purpose on my life and because I know this I have a decision to make in many areas of this calling. If I allow this false evidence that looks real but is not choke me, I will not fulfill the call on my life. You are not alone. There are many areas where I let fear creep in and start taking my eyes off Jesus and focusing on my circumstance. You do not have to face life alone. You have the Lord! Jesus has already won and came to give you a life worth living.  

When fear comes, I challenge you to truly send Jesus to answer. I challenge you to stay still and wait for the Holy Spirit’s guidance. I challenge you to go to God and tell him all about this fear and then stand on his promises for your life. Do not move from the position of Princess Warrior. Fight the good fight of faith, my friend.

Sis, you have purpose. You have a specific calling on your life. You cannot afford to believe the lies of the enemy any longer. You are more than a conqueror in Christ. It is time to trust that Jesus is for you and mediate on that perfect love cast out ALL fear (1 John 4:18).

In Christ,
Monique Smith

Prayer Starter:

Lord, you are my stronghold. You are my Father. You love and care for me. You are the way, truth and life. Fear does not come from you, Jesus. When I start to worry and panic, I know that is not a spirit that you gave me. I pray right now that I learn to see myself how you see me. I pray I learn how to trust you totally and stop wavering back and forth. My circumstance does not define who you are. What it does is remind me that you are my God and that you are already going ahead of me to work everything out for my good. I thank you for your power and might. I love you, Lord. I pray in your precious name. Amen