For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Monday, December 21, 2015

~ My Thought Life ~

My pastor said something yesterday that resonated in my soul. He said ask God to help your thoughts stay on his word. There are many times that my thoughts wander. At times, they go off and think about this and that and mainly they start to focus on my past and never the present. I do know that this is not of the Lord and I am to cast each thought down and replace them with the word of God. 

What happens when you do not know the word of God like that just yet?
What happens if you are new in your walk with the Lord and you do not have the weapons stored in you to fire off at the enemy just yet? I may have somewhere in my blog shared some declarations that you can use in situations like this at some point BUT just for the sake of time I wanted to share some again with you today. 

Please print these out if you must or write them down and carry them in your purse. But always stay prepared and have resources in your walk with Jesus. Don't wait for others to encourage you there will be many many times you MUST encourage yourself.  Something that is powerful is looking yourself in the mirror and reciting declarations and/or the living word of God out loud. It stirs your spirit and feeds you like no other. Live like you belong to Jesus and go out and be blessed today.
Declarations:
v  I am the head and not the tail (John 14:30)
v  I am a child of God (1 Peter 1:18,19)
v  I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength (Mark 9:23)
v  Jesus is for me and I do not have to fear (Psalm 23)
v  No weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17)
v  I am a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17)
v  I am a blessed seed of God (Colossians 1:13)
v  God lives in me (2 Corinthians 6:16)
v  I am the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 6:15)
v  God has a plan for me to prosper and to succeed (Jeremiah 29:11)
v  Sin has no power over me (Romans 6:14)
v  I separate myself from everything unclean (2 Corinthians 6:17)
v  I resist the devil and submit myself to Jesus (James 4:7)
v  I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2: 16)
v  In righteousness I am established (Isaiah 54:14)
v  I live and walk by faith and not by sight or my feelings (2 Corinthians 5:7)
v  I can think of things that are lovely and pure, worthy of all praise (Phil 4:8)
v  My faith is in Jesus and his word (1 John 5:4,5)
v  I overcome  the devil by the blood of the lamb (Revelation 12:11)
v  I believe  that I will live  and not die (Psalm 118:17)
v  By HIS stripes I am healed (Isaiah 53: 4,5)
v  I am strong and of good courage (Joshua 1:9)
v  God is for me (Romans 8:31)
v  I have a spirit of love and sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
v  I follow Jesus (John 10:27)
v  My steps are ordered of the Lord (Psalm 37:23)

I encourage you to do some work on your own as well. Get in your bible and start writing God’s promises down so that they can be etched in your heart, mind and spirit. You are victorious and do not have to bow down to fear you have weapons to fight with. You are the blessed seed of God, stay encouraged.

Prayer Starter:
Jesus, you are for me and you never leave me. You said in your word that I have a spirit of courage and of sound mind. Please help my thoughts to stay on your word and let them never wander off. You are my strong hold and provider and I truly can do ALL things through you because you give me strength. I do not have to be fearful and let my thoughts and emotions take over because I can focus on your truth. Thank you for loving me and convicting my spirit. I love you, Lord and I will serve you in my thoughts today. In Jesus’ precious Holy name I pray. Amen