For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Monday, July 13, 2015

~ The Condition of Your Mind ~

We change our minds so much. At times, we are sure about one thing and then the next minute we are fixed on something else. One minute we have peace and the next minute we are so utterly disturbed and worried that we literally make ourselves sick. We tell the Lord we trust in Him and then we are anxious about something shortly after.

I could remember on countless occasions where I was able to stand on faith so easily one day and then the next day I was so drenched with doubt and unbelief I felt completely crazy. Why was I so double minded? Sisters, my mind wandered all over the place and I had no control over my thought life. I was double minded because I was not renewing my mind in Christ. When I was in defeat I did not seek the Lord. I was not in the word much so I had nothing to stand on other than my ways of handling defeat. My ways were/are pathetic. 



In 1 Corinthians 2:16 it tells me that I am to have the mind of Christ and to hold the thoughts of his heart. I remember being so frustrated because my mind did not look like Christ what so ever but I knew I so desperately wanted a renewed mind. The condition of my mind needed help.

As Christians, when we first get saved and receive Christ as our personal Savior, we must understand there is a process that needs to take place with many new decisions. We will not immediately have some “super powers” that some might think. We have lived life our way for a long time so we must now include Christ in our lives and work with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit imparts new revelation to our spirit. The Holy Spirit enlightens our hearts and minds (Luke 24:45-47) and will teach us everything of the Lord (John 14:26). But we have to ask for help. We have to pray and invite the Holy Spirit into our lives daily every step of the way. The condition of our minds MUST be renewed and the only way we can have that done is with our Father each and every second our our days. In Romans 12:2 we are told to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. If we want to change the condition of our minds we must not be conformed to what this world thinks and how we use to live. In Christ, we are new sisters so this means we are to take on a new way of living and thinking. 

God is the source of ALL things. God is the channel of ALL things. God is the goal of ALL things and our only proper response is to worship him. When we daily depend of God what happens is that we transform into the image of Christ. When we seek to discern the will of God we commit ourselves to biblical principles. When this happens slowly the condition of our mind changes. We become steady in our thinking. We are being molded and shaped for God’s will and our life changes.
I encourage you to step out in faith and grab a hold of God’s truth for your life. Seek the Lord in all you do. Surrender. Repent. Study. Listen. Be still. Fast. Pray. Love. Believe. Hope and repeat it all again over and over and over each day. The closer you stay to the Lord the more the condition of your mind changes. 

In Christ,
Monique Smith

Prayer Starter:

Lord God Almighty, your love is so loyal. You never just leave me to handle this life all alone. You’re more faithful than the rising sun. Thank you for your grace, for your truth and for always being here for me. You listen every time I speak. I want to grow deeper with you Jesus. Holy Spirit, I invite you to invade my life. Come now, please help me. I need you. I am nothing without you Father. May I continue to stand strong in your name each day knowing that when I abide in you, you abide in me. Amen