For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Monday, May 26, 2014

~ You are HIS ~

Nothing I can ever do can make Jesus change His mind about me. The purpose He has for my life will come to pass regardless of me trying to get in the way. How do I know? It says in His word.

I use to be an emotional drinker. I ran to alcohol every time life dealt me something I was not prepared for. I drank to fill voids in my life. The other day I was seriously in my feelings. Much has happened lately that has been overwhelming. To be honest, I am my own worst critic. I was down on myself and was really getting to a place that I knew needed adjustment FAST. Just as I was about to reach for my keys and head to the nearest corner store to buy a couple of bottles of wine I messaged a friend. Note: Having accountability partners and most importantly women who love the Lord is vitally important. I explained to her my feelings and some of my thoughts to date. Just like Jesus, she was there. She explained I am still His through whatever I do and that the enemy is still using the same old tactics to distract me. Every message I read I could feel a shift in me. I asked her to pray. I did what I knew I needed to do EVEN though my flesh said otherwise. I opened the word.

Ladies, you will have to press through your feelings and make yourself do what you know is right for you or this sly slick devil with try and weasel his way in. I did not go to the corner store, I let Jesus fill me and I am thankful. I refuse to let my "feelings" boss me around. Just because my feelings try and make me think or do things that are against God's will for me in my life doesn't mean I am not HIS. I am a child of the King and He will always keep watch over me.

I share this with you because I want you to know you are not alone and through whatever Jesus will always love you. You are His and that will never change. He will meet you right where you are IF you let Him.

If you have no accountability partner, I will be yours. I will pray with you. You can always email me if you have a need. (arisenyou23@gmail.com). Jesus may not have an email address BUT he does have a book where he offers constant encouragement. :)

May the Lord bless you. May the Lord keep you. May the Lord shine His face upon you.

Smile. You are loved!

In Christ,
Monique Smith

Let's Pray:
Father, thank you for those friends you have placed in our lives that will help keep us in line. Thank you for meeting us right where we are. You are a faithful God and will always love us through whatever adversity we face. Forgive us Lord for the times where we rely on ourselves and not you. Help us to place our trust in you and not worry for you alone are our strongholds. We love you Lord! In Jesus' name we pray. Amen