For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Monday, April 28, 2014

Wake Up Sleeper!!!

How many times do we fantasize? Dream about this or that? We really have a vision but just waiting for that perfect time to launch it. We do not really share it with anyone for fear of this or that. We pray and ask God to reveal his plans but wonder will his plan truly come to pass. For years I had a vision to help but I did not know exactly what that looked like. I prayed and prayed and asked the Lord to use me and still nothing. One day at church my pastor asked us to turn to Ephesians 5:14 and there it was. She shouted "Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! Wake up sleeper and God will shine upon you". She began to speak and I felt as if God was talking directly to me. "Monique, wake up! I have had a plan for you since the day you were born. Every heartache was not in vain or trial that you faced. I want you to WAKE UP! Arise from the dead. I will breathe life into you and you will become my helping agent".

I have been in school studying for my Master's in Human Service Counseling with a cognate in Life coaching with Liberty University. My desire and vision is to help and be a Christian Life Coach empowering women. I also will pursue another degree in Bible & Theology so I have a deeper knowledge of the word. I love the word and I know I have a gift and I wish to use it for his glory. There is much to be done but I will Wake up! I will arise and God will shine upon me. I have faith and know my steps are ordered and he will work his plan through me. It is my sincere hope that through my personal testimony I can encourage and empower you to be faith filled women with a vision too.

I encourage you to wake up that dormant dream, goal or vision. Tag team with the Lord and let him speak to you. Seek him daily. Pray, pray and pray some more. Wake up Sisters!!!!! You have purpose!

"For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.” - Ephesians 5:14 (ESV)