For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

~ Freedom in CHRIST ~

Something has to be said about truly living free. Free of people, opinions, fear, worry, rejection, shame, doubt and truly renouncing that yoke of slavery to it all. Many of us have been set free as we have found Christ but there are many who have not. There are many that do not know Christ yet and still struggle as a Christian with certain areas of pure torment. I came to tell you that you are not alone, friend. You have a Waymaker!

2 Corinthians 3:17 says “NOW that the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”. When you know the truth of the living gospel and embrace how Jesus came to set us free from it all, you cannot help but dance.

I recently came across some “Freedom Scriptures” http://www.fathershouse.org/sozo-center/ 
from a local church that a friend told me about, I was just so excited and wanted to share them with you. I was excited to see the healing that I knew God was about to do in my life  and with others through these freedom scriptures. 
You see, some of us think we may have been healed in certain areas only to find out we are still blocking the peace and pure joy of being whole in Christ. I thought I was healed from rejection, shame and or unforgiveness in areas that are vulnerable to me, but I now see that there is work left to be done in that area and that is okay. I am thankful for a Father who speaks and flows through me to call it to my attention.

 When you are totally free of something, an event or person, you have peace. You remember that it happened but not so vivid and you can tie forgiveness to it and wish that thing or person well. God called us to freedom (Galatians 5:13) he said to use it as an opportunity to serve one another. He gave us so much. He gave us a spirit of power, love and self-control NOT fear (2 Timothy 1:7). Therefore we can partner with him and work to be free indeed in ALL areas, friend.
 
What do you struggle with? I challenge you to take it to the cross, confess it as sin and stay at the feet of Christ for some time, stay still and follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit. Wait and see what God wants you to do and be obedient to it. There is freedom there for you in whatever you are battling. Remember the thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10) BUT JESUS came so that you may have life and have it abundantly. You are a child bought with a heavy price and you can now approach your Father, be bold and find freedom in any strongholds you face. Please partner with Christ he is waiting to heal your wounded soul so that you can experience the true freedom he so desires for you to have. I know I will work hard will you join me?

Print the scriptures out from the above link. Put them on your bathroom mirror and speak them out loud daily after you renounce all the emotion, feeling, or lies tied to what is hindering your progress. I guarantee when you ask anything in Jesus name, it will be given to you, IF you believe.

 Prayer Starter:
Father God, I thank you for the finished work on the cross. I thank you that you took my place and gave me freedom. When I am weak, you are strong. I do not have to do life alone for you are with me. Jesus, what is the root to why I have not found true freedom in you? Reveal it to me, Father so that you and I can successfully deal with it and I can live here doing your purposeful work. I no longer want to be a slave to anything that is trying to harm me. I want to give, serve and belong to you and you only. I love you, Lord and I know you will show me specifics steps. I trust your Holy name, in Jesus name I pray. Amen